The views expressed in this blog are my own, not those of the Britrish National Party.

The views expressed in this blog are my own, not those of the British National Party.
Great Britain is a free country, I am free to express my opinions!

Saturday 5 May 2012

My Mind Is On Bikes!

Its been in my garage for seven years, it was covered in dust and rust - but after a couple of weeks of tinkering I finally got my bike running today. Its not been easy. I have replaced the head (thanks Paul from Birmingham) and whilst I was at that I replaced the valve seals, pistons, piston rings, head gasket and two of the valves. Obviously, as the video reveals, the bike is running rough - but I intend over the next couple of weeks to tune the bike and get it running sufficiently well to take it on the road. I have to admit, I am very excited at the prospect of riding at speed down the country lanes of Staffordshire - I used to do this when I was younger but due to a couple of near death experiences and the birth of my children I had to put the bikes away for a while. Anyway, summer is coming and the weather forecast is for a scorcher - it is my intention to get back onto the road on two wheels and to re-explore the historical sites of England and Wales. I will keep you informed of the progress of my bike renovation project.

No comments:

Post a Comment